Our clinic provides a minimum 2 year guarantee on all dental technical treatments and restoration work, such as crowns, bridges and dentures.
We offer 1/2 year guarantee on fillings and small restorative work and up to 10 years for implants. We guarantee for the work, we provide, but not for the patients teeth themselves. (e.g. our guarantee terms cover the failure of a crown, but do not cover, if a patient looses a crown, because of an extraction of a tooth) If you have any problems that you believe are covered by guarantee, please contact our customer service staff to arrange a visit at our clinic.
Extent of guarantee
In case of a failure of the laboratory works our clinic cover all necessary dental and laboratory costs to rectify the problem. Our clinic is going to cover all dental costs in case of guarantee case. In the unlikely case that you require guarantee work, we will carry out the remedial work at the clinic in Budapest, unfortunately, we can not cover costs of other dentists or travelling expenses. In case of a patient, who has major restorative treatment carried out (in excess of six units of crowns of bridgework) it is advantageous to arrange a further appointment at the clinic a month or so after fitting to allow the dentist to check the bite. When the restorations are first fitted the patient may have a slightly different biting action. This may be due to the fact that the patient now has teeth where they didn’t have them before or some teeth have intentionally been made larger for cosmetic reasons. All this takes time to settle and for the patient to be come accustomed to their restorations.
Profident is not liable for any unforeseen root canal treatment after having tooth/teeth prepared for crown & bridgework. Occasionally, teeth suffer preparation trauma during crown & bridgework treatment resulting in a need for a root canal treatment afterwards. Profident can not accept guarantee claims for temporary solutions. Readjustments of dentures are neither a guarantee case.
Guarantee will be (reduced or) invalidated
- If the patient fails to visit the dentist for a routine supervision at least once a year.
- If patient neglects oral hygiene.
- If the dentists’ instructions are not followed (e.g. the patient does not wear the total prosthesis during the night).
- If the patient undergoes treatment on the dental or laboratory work provided by the dentist of Profident at another clinic.
- If removable restoration such as partial dentures or full dentures are not kept and maintained properly.
- If the gum tissue or teeth bone is naturally reducing.
- If the patient is a smoker.
- If the patient loses or gains a substantial amount of weight during a short period of time.
- In case of accidental damage, for example dropping dentures.
- Is there a general illness occurring that has negative effects on the dental condition (for example diabetes, epilepsy, and osteoporosis, condition after x-rays or chemotherapy).
- If patient does not notify Profident prior to exercising their guarantee
Exercise of guarantees
Before exercising any guarantee the patient has to consult with Profident. The guarantee services can be completed only after evaluation of the situation.